CISM: Individual Crisis Intervention and Peer Support...
The two day class introduces the concept of specialized acute emergency mental health intervention which requires specialized training/ As physical first-aid is to surgery, crisis intervention is to psychotherapy. Thus, crisis intervention is sometimes called "emotional first-aid." Crisis interventions are typically done individually (one-on-one) or in groups. This program is designed to teach participants the fundamentals of, and a specific protocol for, individual intervention.
- The concept of CISM as a comprehensive crisis intervention program
- The role of the individual crisis intervention in the comprehensive CISM program
- Terms and concepts relevant to the study of crisis, traumatic stress and crisis intervention
- Differential utilities of selected crisis communication techniques
- Demonstration of selected crisis communication techniques
- Psychological reactions to crisis and trauma
- SAFER protocol for individual crisis intervention and it's role in comprehensive CISM
- Demonstration of the us of SAFER protocol for individual crisis intervention
- Review of common problems encountered while working with individuals in crisis
Military, emergency services, health care workers, nurses, physicians, mental health professionals, massage therapist, school counselors, and business/industrial peer support personnel without formal training in mental health and anyone interested in crisis management.
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: